Saturday, December 22, 2012

December 23, 2012, the Fourth Sunday's Readings

There has been some discussion about the order of the candles.  My husband's protestant background said it should have been purple last week with pink for this week.  My friend Maria, who is Catholic, suggested my research was correct with pink for last week.

I have since found sources that reinforce both ideas as correct!  And for those of you who are using different colors, you're good too.  

Light purple, purple, pink, purple (or however you'd like).  This fourth candle is for "love."

Suggested prayer

"Lord, as we draw near to you, we light this candle to thank you for you son Jesus Christ who is the Prince of Peace.  It is he who came to earth in human form, and out of great love for us gave his life on the cross.  All other love is modeled after this act for all of us.  With his gift comes eternal life.  We who live in discord and strife may find great peace in love's promise through him. Amen."

Readings
Malachi 3:1-5
Romans 8:18-25
Isaiah 52:7-10
Revelation 21:1-4

Your own closing prayer.

My plan is to add the readings from 1 Corinthians 13, but instead of "love," I will read "Jesus."

And then, because it's my husbands new favorite song about Jesus' love for us, we will listen to this song:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to be humble and say I only blog to record the doings of my life, but really, I blog for conversation, and I would love to hear from you. It's okay if you don't agree with me, that's what makes life interesting.