Saturday, December 8, 2012

December 9, 2012, the Second Sunday's Reading

Light last week's candle, and then light a second purple for "peace."


A suggested prayer:  "Lord, Father, God, we light this candle to thank you for your Son our Savior Jesus Christ, who is the light of the world.  We were like sheep who went astray, but now we have found the way to you through Jesus.  We offer up thanks and praise in the name of Jesus Christ, because he lives and reigns with You in Your glory.  Amen."

Readings:
Micah 5:2
Matthew 2:1-2, 9-11
Isaiah 2:1-5
Matthew 3:1-6

Last week we added a closing prayer, unscripted, as I'm certain many of you did too.

Extinguish the candles.

Alternate reading for little ones, Mark 1:4.  Since that's so short,  you might was to peruse the above readings and pull out one or two.  The little girl I'm doing this with is in fourth grade.  She described the Bible as being "about God," in the Old Testament and "about Jesus," in the new.  So we talked about Jesus also being in the OT, and how He was found in Isaiah (last week's readings).

Peace to you all.

If you haven't yet joined our Advent event on facebook, please do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to be humble and say I only blog to record the doings of my life, but really, I blog for conversation, and I would love to hear from you. It's okay if you don't agree with me, that's what makes life interesting.