Saturday, September 22, 2012

They Wed

Psalm 37:4
 Take delight in the Lord,
    and he will give you the desires of your heart.

From my published to do list:
Attend my friends Amy and Jon's weeding
Dance until I have a blister

Last night my dear friend/sister/daughter married the man of her heart.  I was asked to read at their wedding, and through tears and trifocals I did.  It was a beautiful ceremony, and mine weren't the only tears shed.

Sister and Maid of Honor Lauren's speech was beautiful. She spoke of their dad who was very much missed that day, and she imagined what he would say if he was there. 
Brad was asked to pray before the meal, and he spoke of Jesus' love for weddings and the Great Banquet we would all one day partake in.
After dinner,  I did dance quite a bit, but I didn't get a blister. My feet are happy today, but I can't fully cross that off my list!  I like to "fast" dance, and Brad likes to slow dance.  We decided we'd be practicing in the living room before our next wedding (on NYE), either that or I'm going to kick off my shoes and stand on his feet!

Brad danced with his "adopted" daughter, the bride, whom we call Art.  I chose "Cinderella" for them. Brad tells me they had a good talk while they danced.


While they danced, groom Jon danced with him mom. I'm so glad I caught this...
Wonderful memories with which I start my fall.


1 John 4:7-12
 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
 



5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful wedding! I keep telling my husband we need to take dance lessons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful wedding! Loved the photos! I'm back to blogging but I moved too! I'm here now: http://www.masterpiece-beth.com/2012/09/17/a-moment-of-absolute-clarity/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need a job in wedding photography? ;)

    I love weddings... those special moments make the entire day!

    Good for you getting your boogie on! I love to dance!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful & goosebumps! Glad you had a great time! Beautiful pictures of a beautiful bride & handsome groom!

    ReplyDelete

I'd like to be humble and say I only blog to record the doings of my life, but really, I blog for conversation, and I would love to hear from you. It's okay if you don't agree with me, that's what makes life interesting.